Asbestos Management Plans - Non UKAS Accredited
Asbestos management requires more than just commissioning an asbestos survey. ASM produce tailor made asbestos management solutions for our customers, offering advice about exactly what needs to be done to meet asbestos regulations. Our asbestos management solutions can include
- Consulting on the scope of work needed
- The production of a tailored management plan
- Advice on what asbestos services or UKAS accredited inspections (asbestos surveys) are required
- The production of asbestos registers listing all asbestos containing materials
- Advice on further actions required (from no action to encapsulation or removal)
- Evaluation or sub- contracting of asbestos removal contractors
- Site based asbestos air monitoring activities
- Laboratory asbestos testing services in our UKAS accredited laboratory
- Full asbestos project management
Your asbestos management plan sets out how your company plans to manage the risks from asbestos containing materials identified in your property.
Asbestos Testing - UKAS Accredited
Our bulk asbestos samples analysis service is a quick and convenient way for companies to test suspect materials. We can visit your site and sample any suspect materials or you can submit your own samples to our in-house laboratory for asbestos identification. Results are usually available within 48 hours of delivery. We can however offer a ‘fast track’ and ‘while you wait’ service for more urgent situations
Asbestos Survey and Management Limited holds UKAS accreditation for in-house asbestos testing in our own laboratory. Our lab ensures the rapid and fully traceable turnaround of both samples taken during asbestos surveys by our own asbestos surveyors and of third party samples sent to us for identification. Our trained analysts all hold British Occupational Hygiene (BOHS) P401 qualifications for the identification of asbestos in potential asbestos containing materials. To maintain our UKAS accreditation as a testing laboratory, we routinely participate in quality assurance tests to ensure all our analysts are delivering accurate asbestos identification and counts.
Sample identification is by polarized light microscopy (PLM) in accordance with HSG248 the analyst’s guide for sampling, analysis and clearance procedures and Asbestos Survey and Management Limited Instruction Manual.